Forest Creek Track
The track has recently had some major refurbishment from the start all the way to Colles Road. The surface has been improved and sections have been re-routed to avoid the muddy lower areas of the path. Great improvement for cyclists and those with accessibility issues. Re-routes are minor and do not impact on the accuracy of the map in the book.
Interesting recent sightings
- Muckleford Station White-browed Babblers are breeding again
- Powerful owls recorded at Botanic Gardens, Newstead and Gowar
- A recent walk I ran for FOBIF at Gowar recorded 38 species
- Rise and Shine extension walk at Drury Lane has recently had good numbers of Black-chinned Honeyeaters, Diamond Firetails and White-browed Babblers
- Brights Lane has good numbers of parrots, probably attracted by the hollows in the big old trees as well as Brown Falcons